"I have promised myself to change. Starting tomorrow. But the next day, I just keep doing the same thing. I keep making the same habits just like yesterday. Why can't I stop doing this to myself? Why can't I change? How can I get out of this habitual cycle?" Photo by Maksim Goncharenok on Pexels.com … Continue reading Why Can’t I Stop Doing This?
Photo by Ryanniel Masucol on Pexels.com ~ Ditulis Oleh Amelia Putri ~ Kita sering tidak dapat membedakan apa itu emosi yang tertekan dan emosi yang ditekan. Padahal ada perbedaan besar di antaranya. Keduanya merupakan tipe dari mekanisme pertahanan diri (defense mechanism). Menurut Sigmund Freud, mekanisme pertahanan diri ini bertujuan untuk meminimalisir rasa bersalah, kecemasan, dan … Continue reading Emosi yang Tertekan, Apa Itu?
Photo by freestocks.org on Pexels.com _ Written by Amelia Putri _ This happens naturally to all of us. The comparison game – or war, is as old as humanity. When we look at the girl next to us during a yoga session, we feel inferior to how perfect her crow pose is. At a party, … Continue reading Why We Need to Stop Comparing Ourselves to Others
- Ditulis oleh Amelia Putri - Photo by Rachel Claire on Pexels.com Mencintai diri sendiri (self-love) sering dikaitkan dengan sifat narsistik. Bahkan ada yang menganggapnya sama. Mencintai diri sendiri bukan berarti membeli dan memakai barang-barang yang mewah dan mahal, memanjakan diri di tempat spa dua kali dalam seminggu, tapi lebih kepada tindakan-tindakan … Continue reading Cara Mencintai Diri yang Tidak Narsistik
- Written by Amelia Putri - Photo by Kat Jayne on Pexels.com Doubt VS Self-Doubt We all have doubts, despite all the knowledge, skills or experience we have. Although the word ‘doubt’ may sound negative, it actually has a positive side. Doubt will make you think twice before making a decision. Doubt will … Continue reading Identifying Self-Doubt: Do You Always Think You Can’t Do It?
- Written by Amelia Putri - So, you have decided on going to see a psychotherapist. Congratulations! It is a huge leap that you are about to be doing, so give yourself a pat on your shoulder. Making that decision is not a small deal because you are going to open yourself up to a … Continue reading 9 Things You Need to Prepare Before Your First Psychotherapy Session
- Written by Amelia Putri - One year after the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, yet the situation is still not improving, at least to the majority of our communities. Humans are evolving, it is true. By evolving, it means we are constantly changing in a relatively slow and steady state. The pandemic, however, forced us to … Continue reading Can We (Mentally) Survive the Pandemic?
- Written by Amelia Putri - Photo by Sam Lion on Pexels.com "What do you want?" "Just coffee. Black - like my soul." "Sugar? Less sugar? No sugar?" "No sugar, please. Because I'd rather know the worst truth instead of the sweetest lies." "Hot or cold?" "Hot. Even though it's bitter, it gives warmth to … Continue reading Hello, We Are Modula Jiwa!